In this episode I give some background about the global refugee crisis and provide the framework with which I believe permaculture people should view this crisis. I then interview the amazing permaculture teacher and writer Rosemary Morrow about her work with refugees.
Resources for episode 4:
- Check out Rosemary’s website Permaculture for Refugees
- In the U.S.? Support this activism in solidarity with the Migrant Caravan.
- The facts I referred to about refugees were taken from the UN Refugee Agency and an article on the National Geographic website
- That very annoying article about Hillary Clinton and Tony Blair
- This is a great article that gives you background on U.S. imperialism in Central America
- Europe and the People Without History by Eric Wolf. This is an interesting article about this classic book’s impact on peasant studies.
- Blood of Extraction: Canadian Imperialism in Latin America by Todd Gordon and Jeffery R. Webber
- Human Flow, a documentary by Ai Weiwei. Get ready to cry.
- I wrote a blog post Permies of the World Unite! in response to the abuse of refugee and migrant children by the U.S. Government that you might find relevant.