In this episode I discuss the radical potential of re-commoning social reproduction, or the work of everyday life that is necessary for human existence, by exploring the newest book by feminist Silvia Federici. Is this the realm in which we might collectively dream and create a new world?
Resources from this episode:
- Re-enchanting the World: Feminism and the Politics of the Commons by Silvia Federici
- Caliban and the Witch: Women, the body and primitive accumulation by Silvia Federici
- Witches, Witching and Women by Silvia Federici (same as first link)
- La Via Campesina, an advocacy network for peasants and small scale farmers
- A background on Chile, Pinochet, and Neo-Liberal capitalism
- Imagination and Pleasure Activism for a Post-Capitalist, Vegan Future, the Vegan Vanguard (in this episode Mexie and Marnie engage with the book Emergent Strategy by adrienne maree brown, a book I am currently reading. The conversation, like always, is really good in this episode! It guides some of my thinking about the need for pleasure, delight, joy, and abundance in order to flourish!