In this episode I talk about struggles for excellent and free public transit and for the creation of walkable, bikeable neighbourhoods. I argue that we simply cannot create socially just, ecologically regenerative cities without both of those things.
Resources from this episode
- My editorial about why working people need bus rapid transit
- Free Transit Toronto campaign
- Los Angeles Bus Rider Union documentary
- Bikes vs Cars documentary (trailer)
- What is stopping women from cycling?
- Right to the City by David Harvey